• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pickens, SC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Planning my second out of state trip in nearly 3 years of airplane ownership. Life has been a bit challenging on the vacation front lately.

I am planning to fly into KLQK, Pickens County, SC from KBOW (home airport) the second weekend in Dec. I'd pick up a rental car from there and drive north up into the mountains. We've got a cabin booked in the Pisgah area and our goal is drive from there down to Table Rock one day and then up to Asheville on the second day - it's a 3 night trip. Asheville airport is technically closer to the cabin than is Pickens, but I'm a bit worried about the added cost of going into a class C airport and using their FBO. Generally fuel prices are sky high and there are overnight fees, etc. We will have a rental car and the drive in that area is generally nice, so not overly concerned about absolute geographical efficiency.

Just looking for general PIREPs on the area, Pickens and Asheville airports in general.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back