• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pic request of stabilator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyCanadianGuy

Reaction score
I will try to make this story as short as I can. A few years ago during an annual my stabilator was removed to replace a worn hinge. After re-installing I have noticed that I lost ALOT of forward trim. For example when flying on final approach (anywhere from 1200-1400rpm) no matter how much fuel is in the tanks, and im alone in the front seat with approx 50lbs survival gear in the baggage compartment, I CANNOT trim the airplane for > 50ish knots. That means I have to maintain constant forward pressure on the yoke during my final descent (to add to that, it doesnt matter if I have 2 or 3 notches of flaps. I rarely land with no flaps so cant comment if this exists with no flaps) I have more aft trim than I will ever need (halfway on the indicator is almost too much when lightly loaded) I have had the AP check this NUMEROUS times and he has confirmed that all cables/pulleys are in spec, the trim is set properly (3 degrees down, 12 up) but I know if I have the trim set full fore, and the control yoke full fore, the trim tab is level with the stabilator (like perfectly in line) can anyone please take a pic of their stab on a warrior/cherokee with the control yoke full fore and trim wheel full fore. Looking to see the relationship between the stab and trim. Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back