• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Photo or not on Airmen Certificates??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikaros61

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
A few weeks I was flying commercially from San Diego to Chicago for business. When I got to the security check point I reached in my pocket to pull my driver's licence and boarding pass but of course was not there. My credit cards was there including an Amex with my photo on it.

The Screener of course would not accept it, he asked if I had anything else that I could show him, I showed him my work Id but since it's not an official document he will not accept it.

I then asked, would you accept my Pilot's licence? He replied sure, I remembered that my flying bag was in my car, so I run out to the parking lot got the licence and run back to the terminal. I reached the same screener again, now I am all sweaty from running, looks at it and says "there is no photo here"

So, to make story short, I missed my flight and meeting in Chicago. So to those that object having a picture ID on the licence perhaps this little incident might change your might.

What the point of having a document that we can't use.

Latest posts

Back