• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Patch on a Stabilator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartmc

Reaction score
I read over at a topic on the POS forum where JimC said he doubted it was legal to patch a stabilator. (Would have replied there if i could have). I cant find any info on if it is or isn't except a vague reference on a Comanche site where they say that Piper says its illegal on a Comanche. I have a very small (1.5"square over one of my "outtie dents") patch on my stabilator and it has been there for some time. The word "flutter" makes me flutter... especially after seeing what happened to that Beaver in Alaksa over McKinley when he got aileron flutter. So, how would I know if its legal? Am I safe in assuming that no flutter will happen since it hasn't happened in many years over many hours (I know nothing about flutter). Also, if i need to replace it, will a stabilator off a 140 work?
found and inquired about this one... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stabilat ... 1c159d442d

or, could I find just the skin for that side of the stabilator and be better off? if so where would i get the skin from?

Latest posts

Back