• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Parts needed for Comanche 250

L39Driver

Reaction score
I need the following parts for a Piper Commanche
1. Wheel part No. 40-58
1. Bearing retain pin part No. 20784-00
1. Aileron Rubbing Bluck (can't find part no see pictures)
David 818-903/6055
[email protected]

image.jpg

Kristin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need the following parts for a Piper Commanche
1. Wheel part No. 40-58
1. Bearing retain pin part No. 20784-00
1. Aileron Rubbing Bluck (can't find part no see pictures)
David 818-903/6055
[email protected]
David,

The wheel is not approved for a PA-24, so either it was installed with an STC, a field approval, or it is illegal for the aircraft. The correct one is a 40-76B.

The pin has a new part number which is 680-755. Aviall is the Piper parts distributor and they have them. You can get from a Piper dealer or your A&P can order from Aviall.

I have worked on a lot of Comanches and own a twin, I have never seen that aileron block, at least best I can tell from the picture. It may well be something that is not supposed to on the plane.

L39Driver

Reaction score
Avial wants you to buy 10 pins, I just need one!!
The wheel I believe is a factory wheel as delivered on the aircraft
The blocks are on both wings and they are factory

Kristin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Avial wants you to buy 10 pins, I just need one!!
The wheel I believe is a factory wheel as delivered on the aircraft
The blocks are on both wings and they are factory
I would then try Webco or Comanchegear for the pins.

The wheel is not listed as approved on the type certificate data sheet so if Piper installed it, then they installed the wrong one. Do you have the original equipment list for the aircraft?

Where are these blocks relative to the ailerons?

L39Driver

Reaction score
I will ask where those blocks are located in relation to the ailerons. This is not my
Plane I am helping out someone who does not have internet service
Thanks for the help