• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Paint touch up and untreated corrosion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unipres

Reaction score
Greetings,
My new to me Cherokee 180 has decent paint but it was applied over the existing coat and you can tell where it wasn't prepped correctly. There are two spots of concern, both at ailerons hinges.

I'd like to strip and treat the area in question but have no idea how to do so correctly. Any suggestions or resources?

I'm interested specifically in:
1. Correct prep/treatment of corrosion.
2. Proper priming and sanding chips.
3. Blending to existing paint.

Are there any how to videos or resources for these types of touch-ups?

Attachments

• 20210915_160802.jpg
    20210915_160802.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210915_160736.jpg
    20210915_160736.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back