• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Paint logbook entry - PPG "Delta Fleet"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've developed a few chips on the leading edge of my wings, and I am going to have new wheel pants painted which I would like to match the rest of the plane. According to the log entry below, PPG "Delta Fleet" was used. Unfortunately, the paint shop that painted my plane only 4 years ago (during previous ownership) is not answering e-mails or phone calls, so I have to use another paint shop. The trouble is that other paint shops cannot find the silver or black codes. Strangely (to me), the 8001 (white) color comes up for Pitthane Ultra which seems to be a PPG brand.

Should it be this difficult finding this paint? I was hoping the silver and black codes were typos (and perhaps all 3 colors were Pitthane Ultra), but that's just a wild guess that I can't verify without talking to the paint shop which seems to be impossible.

The end goal is for me to stumble on a shop in my area (Florida) that uses PPG and may have their own database/familiarity with PPG paint codes or to find a shop that can color match PPG codes using another brand of paint. Neither of these scenarios are forthcoming for the time being.

I am wondering if anyone with experience painting planes can share any insight.

Thank you in advance!

1593374779856.png

Latest posts

Back