• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA32 saratoga SP rudder trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a PA32 301 saratoga sp and the aircraft flys in the cruise with full left rudder trim and still requires slight pressure on the left peddle to keep the ball in the middle. I flew yesterday and tried 25/25 power setting and this required more left rudder.
I have checked the peddles are level and the rudder is centered on the fin. I am beginning to think it might be the thrust line of the engine as you generally need more right rudder with higher power settings. Can the engine mount be shimed, it had new mounts fitted in July last year.
Anyone got any suggestions
Andy

Latest posts

Back