• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA32 Interior updates, Texas Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thackl

Reaction score
I’ve had my PA32R-301HP for 1.5 years and 250 hours of great flying. It’s had some very expensive squawks (luckily, I have not paid for most of them), but it’s comfortable for me at 6’6” and my family. I’ve been tossing around the idea of upgrading to a DA62 (too much $$) or a lightly used PA46 (likely uncomfortable for me and not practical for shorter, low altitude trips).

I keep coming back around to the fact that the PA32 really is the sweet spot for me and my typical mission when considering cost and comfort. My 1996, 4000 hour interior is showing some age (carpet, side panels, plastic discoloring...leather surprisingly good) and I’d like to update it, do some minor avionic shops work (ie: trade ash trays for usb plugs, a few G5’s to go along with my gtn750/gtx345/etc) and touch up the outside, but not full repaint. I bought the plane with fresh overhaul, avionics updates (in all, about $130k of fresh updates) and looking to go rest of the way now since really does make sense to keep vs newer plane.

love to here advice from you guys.

Latest posts

Back