• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA32-300 TOO RICH Idle with boost pump on??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy.
Our cherokee 6/300 runs just fine in dense air conditions.
But it's always had a problem with the boost pump ON at idle.
If you are at idle and turn BP on, it will lope/kill the motor.
I've trouble shot the fuel servo, the diaphragm is fine and the manifold pressure line going to the gauge doesn't leak.
When the boost pump is on, it sounds like a it's cavitating/rocks in a blender.... Could it be introducing air in the system?
Normally I would start it and not run the BP at all, but now with the hotter air the engine driven pump can't keep up with the heat and it starts to vapor lock while taxiing.
I'm losing what little hair I have....

Latest posts

Back