• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pa32-260

JimC

Reaction score
1966 Piper Cherokee 6/260 with 3-blade prop and one-piece windshield
Price:$105,000.00
Serial Number:32-552
Registration Number:N17MD
Airframe Total Time:5686
Engine Times:871 SFOH*
Prop Times:369 SNEW*
Flight Rules:IFR

Item Description
Cross-Country, Business Travel, 1966 Cherokee 6/260, TTSN: 5685.81, TTSFO: 871.21, TTSTO with Crankshaft AD:191.21, Custom IMRON Paint Job, 8.5 In & Out, STOL & Speed Mods, 3-Panel Aspen Full IFR Weather Stormscope Autopilot with GPSS 3-Blade Prop, EI MVP50P, Annual Inspection 10/15.

Miscellaneous Information
Fractional Ownership Amount:N/A. John Hey, MD
AvionicsFull Aspen three panel glass with synthetic vision each panel XM weather
Garmin GNS 430W KX170B Nav-com with glideslope
Garmin transponder & audio panel with six place intercom & music
S-Tec-40 with altitude hold and GPS steering
Stormscope 900 Yoke wired for AERA 560 with XM weather/XM radio

Top & bottom cowling rebuilt four years ago.

Engine Remote oil filter, air oil separator, wet vacuum pump included to replace dry pump when needed
Complete EI MPV50P engine monitor [EGTCHT carb heat, fuel flow, fuel levels, warning enunciators]
Engine block heater

Prop 3-blade propeller

Interior Completely redone with sheepskin seat covers -- front two seats Rosen sun shields, all windows 1/4" tinted, one piece wind screen, excellent shape

Exterior Custom IMRON paint job, condition 8.5 inside and outside Good performance at altitude 142KTS TAS [163 mph] on 14.3 gph [after washing!]

ModificationsSeveral good speed mods, including Bush STOL Kit K2U gap seals, wing root fillet, and tail beacon

Remarks All ADs complied-with
Includes all logbooks & manuals Excellently maintained and hangared Can be seen at KGWO

jhimage-1.jpeg

jhimage-4.jpeg

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
My buddy John Hey has owned this plane for decades. I've flown in it from Memphis to St Anthony, Newfoundland and back, loaded to the gills. It's a good, comfortable traveling plane.

jhimage-3.jpeg

jhimage-5.jpeg

Last edited:

arkvet

Reaction score
That's a beautiful plane that looks to be meticulously cared for and updated. I can't imagine the total expenses involved with taking a 60's model 6-260 and doing all those improvements.

The only think it seems to need is a new owner that wants to fly it.

JimC

Reaction score
You want me to put you in touch?
As an aside, John is a CFII and a flight physician. He can do a medical, or give a checkride.
Talented, interesting guy.

Last edited:

arkvet

Reaction score
lol. Honestly I was in the market for a 6-260 /300 last year when I stumbled upon my Saratoga. I have fewer bells and whistles but do have a great 3 axis AP and a Garmin 530W which are the main things I really wanted.

It will make someone an incredible plane I'm sure!