• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pa28-236 wheel pant bolts needed

JCNS

Reaction score
I bought a Dakota with wheel pants but the main axel bolts are not included. Need to find two for pant attachment.
Any idea where to purchase?
Thanks in advance.
1980 Dakota n8163e
Arizona

killrocks

Reaction score
My Piper parts catalog for PA28-140 through PA28-235 dated June 10, 2009 shows the following for PA28-235 Serial Nos. 28-10003 and up: Part #400 003 BOLT - AN4-6A and Part #407 801 WASHER - (an970-4). Not sure if this will apply to your 236 Dakota. It should be the same but you WILL need to verify from the correct parts catalog or from Piper. The good news is that they are very supportive. Caveat Emptor applies, I'm not an AP (but I do some work, supervised, checked, and signed off by AP/IA if it is acceptable).

Here is a source: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an4.php

If you need it in a hurry, the folks at http://aerozona.net/ may have them in stock and could probably verify applicability for your airplane for you. The owners are both APs with lots of experience. Pricing can vary, some things they sell with a LOT of markup, but they generally make up for it by being very helpful in my experience.

Of course, the AP you will need to install them for you, or who is supervising the job, should be able to verify applicability as well.

Unless you plan on just turning your airplane over to someone else for maintenance, you need to get an appropriate parts catalog as well as a MX manual.

Hope this helps. Where in AZ are you? I'm at GEU.

JCNS

Reaction score
I have the piper MX manual and will look up to verify part numbers. Thanks.
Plane is at KDVT.
Seems like these axel bolts are not common. But there are so many pipers with pants on? And many removed like ours.
You would think there were a lot available.

Petruz

Reaction score
I bought a Dakota with wheel pants but the main axel bolts are not included. Need to find two for pant attachment.
Any idea where to purchase?
Thanks in advance.
1980 Dakota n8163e
Arizona
Congratulations! I'm looking at a Dakota now and trying to figure out what to offer or pay for it. Did you use vref on Aopa ? How did you determine what was a fair price? I'm going to be cash buyer but do not want to over pay. Thanks

Reaction score
Now a days plane value is pretty much what the buyers want to pay and how desperate the seller is. You might consider 5 AMU more for a 530 but Vref would only add 3K to the value. Same goes for autopilots. So Vref is good to see value for airframe and engine time and add your premium for luxuries.

Heftiger

Reaction score
We just bought some of these from this place. I think they only had two in stock but maybe they got more:

Angel Dominguez
Parts Sales
High Performance Aircraft, Inc.
866-587-2787 Phone
(619) 631-1431 Fax

Heftiger

Reaction score
And I think sky geek has them. Just a little more pricey.

Latest posts