• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA28-161 Seat Belts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbaldus

Reaction score
I've been pulling my hair out on this one ... perhaps one of you can help?

I have a 1980 Warrior II ... I bought it from a friend of mine with less-than perfect seat belts. The plastic retainer that holds the shoulder strap deteriorated at some point and for some reason, they drilled out the riveted stud and put in a 1/4" pan-head screw, double-nutted. I really don't think anything was accomplished, however it has remarkably passed two annuals.

I got a set of like-new seat belts (lap only) from Wentworth in Minnesota. He SWORE this was exactly what I should have for a PA28.

Everything is good, except they are too short. My old ones are different from Pilot to Co-pilot side The co-pilot side has a take-up reel on the buckle side (left/inside). The "new" belts are the same left or right seat. Also, the old one have adjustment on both the buckle and clip side. New one has adjustment on the clip side (where the shoulder harness attaches) ONLY.

See pictures ...
One picture shows new / old passenger inside (left) belt. Notice take-up reel as mentioned earlier.
The other picture shows cables that attach to seat belts. Is this used ONLY for the back seat, or is the cable the missing link accounting for the shortage in length.

Thanks in advance for helping clear up what is wrong ! If you have pictures of your Warrior that you can post showing the seat belts, that would be great!!

Belt with Cable.jpg

Copilot Side.jpg

Latest posts

Back