• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA28-161 High Oil Temp and P/N 362ew

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone have the experience of replacing the Stewart Warner oil sender probe p/n 362ew?

My bird recently shows a very high oil temperature while the outside temp was about 80ish F. It turns out that the oil sender probe (p/n 362ew) has low resistance. At 200 degrees, the spec is 80.7 ohms. The sender on aircraft shows 60.2 ohms at 200. For reference, spec at 260 degrees is 46 ohms. My mechanic says P/n 362ew is no longer available and the replacement probes require an inline resistor to make them work.

I am still trying to see if you guys know any spec resistor that can be installed to keep the current system functions with a new probe.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back