• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA-44 seminole nose strut leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skobe

Reaction score
hello everyone,
my name is Matija from Croatia, and i am A&P mechanic

and i am here to see if anyone had same problem, or has some advice

after maintenance the strut leaks air, and very very small amount of fluid under scraper
my older colleague and i have changed all O-rings twice and scraper, shreader valve with core and gasket also.
we did bleeding of the strut with 2 containers of 5606 fluid and hose (compress and extend procedure).

we filled it with nitrogen to 150PSI when extended, and when under empty weight load, it leaks air after few hours

is it possible that O-ring seats are scratched but we dont see it?
we changed 3 o-rings and scraper, did we missed something in IPC?

Latest posts

Back