• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA 32/260 Owner in Spain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Remote landing strip in Spain...My wife carrying that bottle of wine!
E43BBAF6-20EB-47E5-B2B1-AD8EB2A7EF9B.jpeg
Hi
I've owned and kept my Piper Cherokee Six in Malaga Spain ( LEAX) since 1984. Bought it used in the U.S. and a friend of mine flew it across the Atltanic via St Johns in Newfoundland to Santa Maria, Azores (10:50 flight) and then to Malaga, Soain (9:00 flight). This was also in 1984 We put a 100 gallon ferry tank in the plane.
I've owned it ever since. I fly it mostly in Spain, France and Morroco. We are planning an island hopping trip in the Greek Islands in the Spring of 2019.
I keep it N registered ( much cheaper and simpler than registering under European rules) There is a local mechanic who has US FAA IA license, and he does the maintenance and inspections.
I've added vortex generators and gap seals so I can easily takeoff and land in 1300' strips.
100ll in Europe is very expensive. US $11-15 per gallon! But we always have friends that want to fly with us and are happy to share fuel costs.
I've just added a new Garmin audio panel, new Garmin 255 Nav/Comm and Garmin G5 with magnetrometer. And interfacing the G5 with the older ( original) Piper auto pilot. It's been a lot of work. A big problem is that Aircraft Spruce sent us a " pre wired" harness that was made improperly and it took us untold hours trying to first figure out what was wrong, then fix the wiring. Over the years added a 3 blade prop, new paint and interior
Here in the US I'm a B 777 Captain.

Latest posts

Back