• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA-28 autopilot STC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warriorgreg

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been working on a project for the past 3+ months that I would like to share. My Warrior did not have autopilot, and we have flown many cross country trips without. Problem was, I couldn't afford the expense of $20K just to add that feature to a plane that's worth maybe half again that much. So, since I have the engineering experience, contacts, and $3K to invest, I purchased a Trio Avionics Pro-Pilot autopilot with the intention of obtaining an STC for all PA-28 models.
I designed and manufactured the brackets to mount the servos, and with some help from my AP, have installed the system. I have worked closely with folks at Trio (great guys!) a group of engineers that have done the same installation on a Cessna 172 and a 182 and are the guys that are actually submitting the STC, and of course the ACO office that is incredibly cooperative!
I have documented this install with both drawings and photos, and when the STC is granted, I will share them with anyone interested. Expected date is Sun n Fun or sooner.

Latest posts

Back