• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA-28-180 Nose Fork Mounting Block

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey gang, my A&P is getting ready to do my annual and wants the block on top of the nose fork replaced. The previous owner's mechanic saw a gap around the lower strut shaft and the hole in the block, so he applied JBWeld to fill the gap... sigh...

Anyways, problem is, I cannot find a nose fork assembly or that block anywhere. In the Piper parts manual, it doesn't show the block separately - it just lists the fork/block as an assembly, P/N 63329-06.

Has anyone run into this before? I actually can't even tell if the hole in that block is even supposed to be snug around the shaft to begin with, to be honest. I think my mechanic just doesn't like the fact that there's JB Weld on my nose gear!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back