• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA-28-160 short-field takeoff distances

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spin888

Reaction score
1. Just to confirm, the short-field takeoff flap setting for a PA-28-160 is 2 notches of flaps (25 degrees), correct? It doesn't state that explicitly in the POH narrative but the short-field takeoff graph (http://www.foothillsflyingclub.com/uploads/2/2/3/8/22386808/piper_753-600_5626.pdf, pdf page 35) references 25 degrees. I read online others thought the proper setting was 10 degrees of flaps rather than 25.

2. Also, the POH only provides info for paved runways at max gross weight (2200 lbs). Does anyone have any performance charts for a PA-28-160 at lower gross weights and turf?

I've been into a 2,000-foot turf runways before with my plane without issue. But, I'm planning to a flight to TX82, a private strip with 1,826 feet of turf overlay of limestone and a fence at the end. I want to make sure I calcualte any temperature / density altitude limitations before I go there to give myself a good margin. It'll just be me in the cockpit and probably 30 gallons of gas in the tanks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• short.png
    short.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts

Back