• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Oxygen tank conserver oxymatic OM-400

N7655W

Reaction score
Works great for O2 tank to conserve O2 uses pulse demand or continuous flow.

Attachments

NorthernAviation

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a home health device? How does it compensate for changes in altitude? The Mountain High EDS system does it automatically, how does this unit do it?

Jeff

N7655W

Reaction score
It is and It does not and the mountain system unless it has you connected to an oximeter is useless. How would it know to increase the flow of oxygen without knowing what your PaO2 is? A person in good health might need only 1 liter into the teens. Someone with underlying respiratory issues may need more.

NorthernAviation

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is and It does not and the mountain system unless it has you connected to an oximeter is useless. How would it know to increase the flow of oxygen without knowing what your PaO2 is? A person in good health might need only 1 liter into the teens. Someone with underlying respiratory issues may need more.
The MH system automatically increases/decreases the O2 flow based on your pressure altitude. The O2 savings is great, but so is being able to simply turn it on before TO and back off after you land and the system does the rest, including turning on and off at approximately 10K or whatever floor you have selected.

The Scott, SkyOx, and other legacy continuous flow systems function in the same manner, the only difference you have to start/stop and adjust the flow manually as you climb/descend with a little regulator based on your altitude.

None of the systems I'm aware of monitor the individuals blood saturation levels, you just check your level with a finger clip and make what adjustments are necessary to the unit or manual flow control.

Jeff

N7655W

Reaction score
Thats wonderful, what does it have to do with my ad? I did not post this in a discussion forum.

NorthernAviation

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats wonderful, what does it have to do with my ad? I did not post this in a discussion forum.
I didn't intend to offend, I just asked how it worked. It appeared to be something I would see in the pages of AARP and was curious if it functioned the same as aviation units. When I googled the manufacture I found little information on flow control, so I asked.

If you what to sell it you may consider including a price.

Jeff

DRichie1

Saratoga Driver
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The MH system automatically increases/decreases the O2 flow based on your pressure altitude. The O2 savings is great, but so is being able to simply turn it on before TO and back off after you land and the system does the rest, including turning on and off at approximately 10K or whatever floor you have selected.

The Scott, SkyOx, and other legacy continuous flow systems function in the same manner, the only difference you have to start/stop and adjust the flow manually as you climb/descend with a little regulator based on your altitude.

None of the systems I'm aware of monitor the individuals blood saturation levels, you just check your level with a finger clip and make what adjustments are necessary to the unit or manual flow control.

Jeff
Do you know if it can be added to built in system?

NorthernAviation

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know if it can be added to built in system?
I did, I just replaced the original regulator on the bottle with the one from MH and then used the rest of their system. I did that system some years ago, I'm sure the have some newer stuff out by now.

The MH system does for altitude flying that the ANR headset did for communications. AK to the East coast on one bottle, makes altitude flying a non-event.

Jeff