• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Overhead Console Wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good wiring schematic for the inside the overhead console for a ’68 Arrow 180? My guess it is the same for any 180 of the same year. I looked in the service manual, but it isn’t clear. About how the speaker is connected. I am replacing the plastic, and I found a mess. There are 5 wires coming in – a ground, a master switched hot for the dome light, and a switched hot for the red panel light – all 18AWG. There are 2 20AWG wires that go to the speaker. The ground connects to the speaker mount, the dome light fixture, and the panel light base. The PO at some point had no less than 9 different splices, and the speaker paper cone was ripped to shreds. I followed the previous connections when I wired it back together, but no sound from the newly installed speaker (same part number as the old one – also correct from the parts list). I never used the speaker before, so I am not sure if it ever worked since I bought the plane in May, and I made the error of not testing it before I tore it apart, thinking if I put it all back together the way I found it all would be well.

Any help or insight appreciated. Thanks

Latest posts

Back