• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Operating an Arrow IV On Turf Runways

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RBosque

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a house on an airpark which has two turf runways. One of the runways is 3600 ft long and the other is 2500 ft long. I fly a normally-aspirated Arrow IV (the one with the T-tail). Does anyone have any experience operating an Arrow IV from turf runways?

I understand that the T-tail theoretically "might" make it a little less suitable for turf runways; yet, the Pilatus has a T-tail and it's considered an excellent airplane to use on "unimproved" runways.

Any tips, techniques and pointers from pilots with experience in Arrow IVs and turf runways would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back