• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Old Piper employee (Vero Beach) Looking for a photo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Burke

Reaction score
Hi there Piper community! My name is Russ Burke and I was a Plastic Toolmaker (Badge #51) back in late 50's thru 60's. Our group created the Patterns & Tooling for the Cherokee and others including the creation of the PA-29 Papoose all Composite aircraft. It was the first Fiberglass constructed aircraft ever to fly. There was a photograph of her and all the folks who created her. It was taken by the front line shack and I am trying to find a copy of it. Anyone who can recall seeing it or making a copy available to me would be most appreciated.
I am now in my 89th year and am putting together a chronological work history that includes time working for or with Lockheed, Piper, North American Rockwell, McDonnell Douglas, Boeing, Beech, Cessna and other manufacturing entities. The process has been a very rewarding and memorable experience as I recalled so many wonderful times and projects. I even found myself able to recall names of many folks I worked with.
I would be forever gratefull hearing from anyone who recalls that period and perhaps even recalls my name. Someone may even remember my Wife and I and a Drummer playing Music at Lennies Lounge on US 1 on weekends.
I, for one have found this process of recalling dates and experiences has awakened areas of my memory I have not accessed for many years. I highly recommend it. Bless you all. Russ

Latest posts

Back