• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

OK, what about taking off in PA-28 150B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartmc

Reaction score
I give it about half throttle, quick scan of the gauges, full throttle.... Accelerate up to 65MPH.... It wants to fly at 65 so i pop it up into ground effect and do a kind of soft field take off, accelerating in ground effect up to about 85MPH then climb out. I'm usually off the ground in around 1600' doing this (altitude 3600) and it accelerates from 65 to 85 in ground effect fairly fast (maybe another 200-400ft or so) a passenger probably wouldn't even notice that I was trying to hold it close to the ground until the ASI hits 85 it happens so fast. Is this the normal procedure most use? I have found that if I try to keep it on the ground over 65 the ground handling isn't as predictable plus this is how I was taught to fly it by the guy I got it from.

Latest posts

Back