• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Oil leak/spray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anandvn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a 1977 PA28R-201T. After a recent one hour flight I noticed some oil spray on the bottom part of the engine cowl on the pilot side (forward of the breather tube). I wiped the cowl clean, checked the dipstick,and flew back home, another one hour flight. On return I noticed the same spray pattern in the same spot. I checked the oil consumption and it appears I used about 250ml of oil during that one hour flight. I checked with my mechanic and he is fairly booked so he won't be able to do a deep dive to find the cause for another two weeks. Any ideas as to the cause of this and/or does anyone have any experience with this?

Latest posts

Back