• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

O-320 Exhaust gasket question.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need to replace an exhaust gasket on my -140's venerable, if not high-performance O-320..... I've done this task before for other issues, but this time the gasket is leaking.... The standard 77611 just looks flimsy to me, and I recall the gaskets being somewhat tricky to get over the studs, and I'm worried about damaging the sealing portion. On Aircraft Spruce, Rapco has a 75118 solid copper gasket. According to the application and cross reference guide, this is suitable for the O-320. However, that part number does not come up in my Lycoming IPC. So, the question to those in the know is, is 75118 indeed an acceptable substitute for 77611? And the follow on question, does anyone have any first hand experience with the solid gaskets?

Latest posts

Back