• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Nose Gear trunnion 1977 Lance

Doug07

Reaction score
In need of a nose gear trunnion Part #67054-803. Does anyone have one or know of one available
Thanks Doug

BlackGTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to find one but I just replaced mine. It was broken in about 5 places and we suspect it was caused by ground handling.

Ron

Doug07

Reaction score
Not sure where to find one but I just replaced mine. It was broken in about 5 places and we suspect it was caused by ground handling.

Ron
New the shop quoted 2800.00 parts only, do you mined telling me what you paid.

BlackGTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine yellow tagged for $1,500. Just the trunnion. My A&P used the good parts from mine to rebuild the new one. Probably about $700 labor all in. They only had the one.

Ron

RBosque

Reaction score
I had mine rebuilt by a company in Salt Lake City some years ago for a fraction of the cost of a new one. I'll try to find info on them and post it.

RBosque

Reaction score
OK, just found the invoice for the trunnion repair. Here's their contact info. (Not in Salt Lake City.)

S & B Industries
333 West 6160 South
Murray, Utah 84107
(801)261-4076
FAA CRS QE5R142N

I tried the website URL I had for them but it didn't work. I also did a Google search for them but could not find a website for them either so it started to look bad. Then, I called the phone number on their invoice and the call went to voicemail but the recording said they were S & B Industries so I assume they are still in business.

Here's my experience with them. My nose wheel trunnion broke while the plane was being backed into my hangar with a lawn tractor which lost traction in its steering wheels, causing the tow bar to be moved beyond the trunnion's limit. S & B charged me $680 plus $20.72 shipping for a total of $700.72 back in December of 2015. The trunnion came back looking like a brand-new one and it has been on my plane ever since with no problems whatsoever. I recommend them very highly.

I hope that helps. I'm curious to see what they quote you for the repair.

Last edited:

Als

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In need of a nose gear trunnion Part #67054-803. Does anyone have one or know of one available
Thanks Doug
I got a new one for my Arrow several years ago.
Here’s their info, it was $2000 brand new.

Contact - Muncie Aviation Company

https://www.muncieaviation.com › contact Phone: [URL='https://www.piperforum.com/tel:(800) 742-4895'](800) 742-4895. Fax: (765) 289-0352. Keith Winchester Ext. 142. Parts Manager. [email protected] . Randy Resler Ext. 118. Parts Salesmen[/URL]

RBosque

Reaction score
Not thinking mine was rebuildable.............View attachment 21870
You might be right. That one may be too far gone. Nevertheless, I would give them a call and send them that pic. You never know, it doesn't hurt to try. Maybe they have one in the shop already done or something.

BlackGTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might be right. That one may be too far gone. Nevertheless, I would give them a call and send them that pic. You never know, it doesn't hurt to try. Maybe they have one in the shop already done or something.

I already got one and have this one in my hangar as a reminder of what can happen when the front wheel is turned past the limits. MORE importantly, it will serve as a reminder of what inattention can cost.

Ron