• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Nose gear shimmy on PA-28 after wheel pant installed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro21t

Reaction score
My partner and I have a 79 Piper Archer II. I just installed a nose gear wheel pant to match the main gear pants. During take off landing and taxi the front nose wheel shimmies out of control. As soon as I take the wheel pant off the shimmy stops. I have replaced the front tire with a new one and the shimmy damper is newer as well. I also have spring dampeners on the upper nose gear that connect to the firewall and it still shakes out of control. This only happens when the wheel pant is on. I have tried twice with the same results. I have had an A/P look at the problem and had him install the pant himself and it still shakes even on back taxi. The wheel pant is not broken and it is tight on the gear when bolted on. Does anyone have any suggestions? The below link is a photo of the wheel pant. Thnaks!!!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e328/ ... 6-1405.jpg

Travis
Iowa Falls, IA

Latest posts

Back