• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

No Audio from ADF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About 12 years ago, I had a major upgrade to my avionics. Since then, the King 86 ADF volume does not work. There is an increase to the noise level as you turn the volume knob but no way to identify the station or listen to AM radio. I swapped out the ADF unit temporarily with another unit and the replacement unit had the same problem. The installation manual shows two audio pins for high and low. Would those be miswired somehow? Could it be something else?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back