• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New to the Forum - 73 Challenger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Day Everyone,

Thought I should make an intro post before I start asking everyone here to share their knowledge and help me with an issue or two I have had lately.

I have a 1973 Cherokee Challenger that I purchased about 2.5 years ago. The aircraft has been great, allowing me to finish my PPL and night rating as well as most of my IFR(completing in a multi engine) and soon to finish my commercial.

I initially bought the aircraft when I was 24 and felt a little left out and on my own for most things as I didn't speak with anyone else who really owned an aircraft. Since then I have met some excellent owners(mainly hangar neighbours) who have been a great resource, although none with Piper aircraft unfortunately. Hoping I can use this forum as a way to get some more information and to answer some of those specific questions relating to my aircraft.

The aircraft has about 2400 hrs TT and about 400 SMOH. The previous owner put quite a bit of time and money in to it which is exactly what I needed so it was turn key for all that I have wanted to do.

It has the standard 6 pack with a GNS430W with a 210 I just had installed. EI UBG-16 engine analyzer, fuel totalizer, digital tach, panel mounted 296 and a few other of the standard instruments as well as a second Nav/Comm. Can't seem to find any pictures of the panel right now.

Thank you everyone in advance!

Pic 1.jpg
Pic 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back