• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New to the crew

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creekrat

Reaction score
After many years of wanting to get my ppl it was my 17 year old son that gave me the push that I needed when he said he wanted to become a professional pilot. Currently I'm approximately 10 hours in and he just needs a handful more before his check ride in about 3 weeks or so. When up for a flight with our instructor a few weeks ago we were discussing planes and he mentioned a Cherokee 180 that he knew of that would possibly be up for grabs so we went over and checked it out. I got the owner's phone number and gave him a call and he said he and his wife had just been discussing selling it over the previous few weeks and just wanted what they owed on it. He got a smoking deal on it but in my opinion it was a bad decision for him seeing as he is a family of 5. After some discussion with the SWMBO we decided to make a move on it and are just waiting for the bank's inspection for them to release funds. In addition to the plane we are going ahead and updating the avionics at this time so as to make it more IR training friendly. The current stack is a kma24, kx155 (display has been replaced) with ki209 and an empty tray where an at50 used to reside. We are keeping the kx155, as nav/com #2, and ki209 and adding an Avidyne amx240, axp340, gns430w, and G5.

The aircraft is a 1966 PA-28-180 that has a TTAF of 2876 and 500 smoh on the o-360-a3a. The glareshield is missing but other than that the interior is in pretty good shape with the exception of a few tears in the front seats which there are already sheapskin covers for. The airspeed indicator reads high, like 100 mph when the stall warning was going off, so I need to investigate that but my guess is that there is a blockage in the pito/static system tubing somewhere.

I look forward to gaining knowledge and assistance from the members of this forum.

We are located in Northeastern OK and our home drome is KGMJ.

-Paul-

Latest posts

Back