• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New to me Comanche wiring questions.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killrocks

Reaction score
Hello fellow Comanche drivers. I have a couple of MX questions.

1. When you turn on the nav lights, my "gear down" green indicator light goes from on to completely off. I replaced it with an LED and it still goes "off" which indicates that the voltage is dropping to below 5v. Looking at the wiring diagram, it appears there is a resistor in the circuit that is cut in when you turn on the nav lights and change the position of a DPDT switch. Is the resistor bad? It seems the likely culprit. How easy would it be to bypass so as to increase visibility of the light when the nav lights are on? I'm currently equipped with a Sky Beacon so I have to have the nav lights on full time even in daylight.

2. My gear horn worked briefly when I turned on the master and had the gear up while we were working on the landing gear. It hasn't worked since. Any common issues for me to zero in on? Where under the panel is the horn physically located? I'll put 12v to it direct to check it, and also test the microswitch, then start tracing wiring if both are verified good. My throttle microswitch has been modified so it's easier to adjust. Currently it's set to click only when you pull back completely to idle. I'll change that, but first need to get the horn working.

Thanks for any and all input!

Latest posts

Back