• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New to me 1967 PA-28-235B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majurpain

Reaction score
Bought this a few months ago for my son to train in. Why a 235? He's a good size guy and more importantly, our home drome is at 5600' MSL. Summer DA can (does) get pretty high. A Cherokee 180 felt pretty anemic up here, a 180 horse C-172 was too spendy.
It had been sitting outside under a shade hangar near the Great Salt Lake (U42) for too many years and needed paint/corrosion control badly. The engine/prop were pretty fresh and the instrumentation is solid. The selling price reflected the need for paint.
I think it looks great now, and as my son is paying for gas, he is very willing to learn Lean Of Peak operation and not operate at full rental power. We did a 1.9 hour flight the other day and burned 17.5 gallons. I was
pleased. :)
We have a few more bugs to work out, but generally, I'm very happy with it. Smooooth runner with the low compression 6 banger.
My other current and past aircraft- Current: Thorp T-18, Ultimate 10-200 biplane. Past: Vari-Eze, Grumman AA-5 Traveler, 1946 J-3.
Retired USAF and USMC, flying for fun and airlines now.

Attachments

• Fred Pic wi Paint Job.jpg
    Fred Pic wi Paint Job.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 89

Latest posts

Back