• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New Piper Warrior in Orlando Florida

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all from Orlando Florida. Just flew home with my new to me but old 74 Piper Warrior from Houston Texas yesterday. She is a bit of a project and needs some interior work and paint down the road due to some corrosion. Trip home was great, I was cruising along the gulf coast at 9500 with indicated airspeed of about 110 knots but with tail wind was making 164 knots ground speed per GPS, sure glad I was not going the other way. The plan is to go through her on Monday and start to make the swak list of thinks to do. definitely new carpet and a good cleaning. I was real happy the way she flew, although missed the power I had flying a 180 prior to this, but economy is the name of the game now. Any thoughts about who to get the carpet through? and what is the best insulation/ padding for under it? I will be pulling all carpet out and cleaning up all metal looking for corrosion to repair this Monday. look forward to tapping your collective minds to avoid pitfalls in aircraft ownership.

Mark Johnson
1974 Piper Warrior N41539
X61

Latest posts

Back