• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New Piper Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Himmelreich

Reaction score
N774PC.jpg
It looks like I will be a Piper owner by the end of the month. A 1973 PA28 Challenger. I have looked at it and had my prospective A&P inspect it and all is well. Of course there were some issues but all minor. I pick it up on the 28th. It has complete logs and NDH. I have read a ton on the wing spar inspection proposal. The airplane has over 8000 hours TTAF but only 12 100-hour inspections. All the others were on a 12 month cycle so those were annuals. It will need an ADS-B upgrade and I will probably put in a Garmin 430/530 at the same time. I just could not find one that had everything I wanted at a reasonable price. The price on this one allows me to put it in with very little loss. This is the first airplane I will own so it is a big step for me. I am used to flying other peoples airplanes!

Latest posts

Back