• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New PA28 Engine Cowling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A plane recently lost power on takeoff and made a forced landing on the ramp at my airport. It then skidded nose first into my plane and destroyed the propeller, nose cowling, side and upper cowling of my plane. Fortunately, the plane that hit my plane has good insurance and they will pay to fix everything.

I have two choices, I can have some of the fiberglass components repaired and then buy used replacement parts off of a salvage yard airplane for the aluminum components that were damaged. Or, I can buy new aftermarket components from one of the companies that sell low drag / improved upgrade cowlings.

The used route is pretty straight forward, however, if anyone has any recommendations on cowling upgrades with new aftermarket cowlings I'd appreciate the insight. What companies make the best aftermarket cowlings? This could be a nice opportunity for me to get an improved cowling installed on my airplane on the insurance company's dime.

I have a 1976 Piper Warrior PA-28-151.

Latest posts

Back