• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New member, previous Cherokee 6, looking for Saratoga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangar50

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new member to the forum, with a question or two and looking for assistance. A bit about me: I'm a CFII in SouthEast Wisconsin. When my kids lived at home, we owned a Cherokee 6 that we flew all over the country, but mostly vacations East and South (wife born in Florida). The kids all moved out, so I bought a Glastar about 3 years ago and have enjoyed the Experimental experience especially at maintenance time. Wife says my favorite aircraft parts supplier is Ace Hardware:).

Grandkids are piling up now (3) and getting older, so I'm looking to purchase a non-turbo Saratoga with good useful load, so probably an SP model by the end of this year. Trying to catch up on "all things Piper".

Questions:

- Looks like there are several Piper owners organizations, including this forum (I like free!), as well as Piper Owner Society and Piper Flyers? Confused, can someone give me a "compare and contrast" on these organizations? Which to join and why?

- Doesn't look like there are many PA32R's for sale. I'll check the Classifieds here, am looking online, anyone have a good line on one?

- Last, are there specific years or options I should look for, or avoid? I'm pretty sure I don't want a turbo, and I do want retractable for speed. Other than that, I'm open.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back