• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New member in Mooresville, IN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I received my PPL in Dcecmber 1992 while attending Purdue University. I had to stop flying in 1993 due to lack of money. In January 2016 we purchased a 1982 Warrior II. I started flight lessons right after the papers were signed. May 2016 I soloed 23 years after my last flight. On May 13, 2016 my biannual flight review was signed off!

Our 17 year old daughter started her first official flight lesson in March 2016. We took her to EAA Young Eagles event in Greencastle, IN when she was 14. The pilot let her take the yoke of the C150. He said she was a natural. The next year the same pilot took her up in his RV-6 and they were out for at least 45 minutes. We went back in 2015 and again she flew with the same pilot and the RV-6 again. This time they were out for an hour (she was the first one to sign up that day and no one was waiting). She was hooked. Her goal is to get her PPL while she in still in high school and the apply to Purdue University to attend their Professional Pilot Program.

Once Kenzi (my daughter) stated to wanted to attend Purdue we decided that we might as well invest in our own aircraft than rent one or pay Purdue to get Kenzi's PPL. So I started looking. After about 5 months of looking we found our plane.

Now I am flying and my daughter is learning.

I do have to give a big shout to my wife for supporting me. She also picked out N209J.

209J.jpg

Latest posts

Back