• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New member in Montana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

64bel

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks for allowing me to be a member.
Just a word or two for now. I'll be reading and learning.

My first flying adventure was in my uncle John's new PA-11, this was 1947 and I was seven years old...
More adventures at the same time were in another PA-11 that belonged to my good friend Gary and his dad.
Gary was one year older that myself and was flying solo probably before he was of age to be licenced.

After I got out of the Army I had some dual time with Uncle John in his J-3 and did some flying in Gary's
Super Cub.

My being a pilot went to the back burner but since I was surrounded by airplaines
and pilots my interest remained. From time to time I'd ride and fly a little.

A few hundred times I thought strongly about being trained to fly but didn't get it done.

Recently I've decided to get some training. At 70 years I questioned this but I get alot of
encouragement from pilots I know. My oldest brother flew for the military for 30 plus years and
he supports me 100%. He flew L-19s, Beavers and other fixed wing airplanes plus he was a rotary wing pilot.
He instructed new pilots in everything he flew.

My dream is to locate and buy the PA-11 that my Uncle John bought new....If this can't be done I'll settle for
it's twin that Gary and his dad owned. Those two PA-11's N numbers were one number off. Might have to settle
for what comes along.
Enough for now,
Thanks
Larry

Latest posts

Back