• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New Harnesses In Town "MAGGIE"

HoJo87

Reaction score
MIS2.jpg

After a 2 year testing period we are totally confident that you'll love "MAGGIE". Harnesses come in screw-in or swage application (for those tight fits). And a USB induced with each harness on maintenance, replacement and installation of screw-in leads (which can be replaced independently). This gives you a great advantage over swage, but swage is offered if you feel you have a clearance problem. A quick call to our distributor AIS, Inc. (903-378-7205) and you can talk to Leah (sales and logistics) or Kevin (our AMP and mag expert).

walkinghispath

Reaction score
Nice to see someone else in the ignition harness arena. Are these PMA parts? What’s the pricing?

HoJo87

Reaction score
Nice to see someone else in the ignition harness arena. Are these PMA parts? What’s the pricing?
Yes, the harnesses are PMA as well as US Patented. All pricing is handled by AIS, Inc. Their number is 903-378-7205 and you with talk with Kevin or Leah.

reb

Reaction score
Someone should post the list price. AIS doesn't, New Horizons doesn't. Probably don't really want to sell any. I don't want to call everyone. Waste of my time and probably theirs. Just my 2 cents.

HoJo87

Reaction score
Someone should post the list price. AIS doesn't, New Horizons doesn't. Probably don't really want to sell any. I don't want to call everyone. Waste of my time and probably theirs. Just my 2 cents.
To All My Friends at Piper..."Maggie" here. I fully agree with the comments from the above...that a sales sheet would be standard...but we are not a standard company. Let me digress about the price sheet...because of the uniqueness of the Maggie Systems, we sell full harnesses, SUREFLY half harnesses and combination harnesses. If you have a different mag opposite SUREFLY we can supply you with whatever you need. So, pricing is very difficult and is the reason we ask you to call AIS. New Horizons is the manufacturer of all ignition leads from GA to Carrier and this is the reason we use a distributor. Your first call to AIS will introduce you to Leah (sales and logistics) and if needed, Kevin at AIS is our top of the line mag man and AMP. As long as you have a Maggie harness on your engine, you have full support from the day of your first phone call to any future calls you would initiate. So, to me, a "2 cent" investment is worth it. Dilly Dilly!-HoJo aka "Maggie"

magman

Reaction score
I've been a big fan of Slick Harnesses and have seen many last a long long time.

They would still Leak Check fine with a Lead Tester.

One reason I like them is they Leads can be repaired while installed.

Takes patience & practice but very doable.

I've also seen Harnesses that leaked so bad that starting was difficult.

IF you got it running it would be sort of ok.

But then , even a leaking garden hose can flowers wet.

What I would REALLY love to see is a video that illustrates

the good points of the product.

That's something I could show to a LOT of folks!

HoJo87

Reaction score
I've been a big fan of Slick Harnesses and have seen many last a long long time.

They would still Leak Check fine with a Lead Tester.

One reason I like them is they Leads can be repaired while installed.

Takes patience & practice but very doable.

I've also seen Harnesses that leaked so bad that starting was difficult.

IF you got it running it would be sort of ok.

But then , even a leaking garden hose can flowers wet.

What I would REALLY love to see is a video that illustrates

the good points of the product.

That's something I could show to a LOT of folks!
Hi Magman,

This is "Maggie" sparking off...I am a little lost about you talking about Slick harnesses. You mentioned they can be repaired while installed. All Slick harnesses are swage and I have been told that it is no easy task. Pulling the cap, removing the swage ferrule, cutting new wire to length, re-installing the swage ferrule and terminating end for the mag. The only system I know of that you can unscrew a lead and screw it back in is the Maggie harness. All Slick, Continental and modified Bendix plates for Continental are all swaged in. Maggie is the only harness that can offer you a screw in or swage type application. Maggie also includes a USB with each harness that has instructional data for replacing and installing leads. Please view USB when purchasing a harness or go to Maggie's website to view the same videos until you buy a harness. So, Magman....buy one of our harnesses and let us know what ya think. Dilly, Dilly! -HoJo aka "Maggie"
Maggie Airplane USB.jpg

astral

Comanche Driver
Reaction score
To All My Friends at Piper..."Maggie" here. I fully agree with the comments from the above...that a sales sheet would be standard...but we are not a standard company. Let me digress about the price sheet...because of the uniqueness of the Maggie Systems, we sell full harnesses, SUREFLY half harnesses and combination harnesses. If you have a different mag opposite SUREFLY we can supply you with whatever you need. So, pricing is very difficult and is the reason we ask you to call AIS. New Horizons is the manufacturer of all ignition leads from GA to Carrier and this is the reason we use a distributor. Your first call to AIS will introduce you to Leah (sales and logistics) and if needed, Kevin at AIS is our top of the line mag man and AMP. As long as you have a Maggie harness on your engine, you have full support from the day of your first phone call to any future calls you would initiate. So, to me, a "2 cent" investment is worth it. Dilly Dilly!-HoJo aka "Maggie"
I just replaced both of my harnesses two months ago, nice to see more options in the market. That being said I would never consider a product that doesn't have at least rough pricing I can find online. I don't call around on products so I would skip over considering this one. You could have the best harness and the lowest price but I would never know, and I bet I'm not alone.

I'm not saying you don't have your reasons for this policy, or that you don't have a great product and support, but you might be missing out on a large amount of potential customers like me by not having any pricing available online.

patbarry

Twin Comanche owner, IA
Reaction score
I'm impressed ……. I used to buy Skytronics harnesses, located in El Segundo. Jeff Kelly at Kelly Aerospace bought the line and raised the prices. These new people seem to be the same Skytronics, they offer harnesses with straight leads or elbows, and if the quality is the same then I'm interested.

magman

Reaction score
Thanks.

I'll check out your website/vid.

I REALLY like the ability to change Leads via screw-in.

Other Harnesses do not have that feature.

It may not be appreciated on many Cherokees & 172's

but on some Super Cubs it necessitates swinging the Engine out.

Of course Cowling removal & some disconnecting precedes that task.

Can MAGGIE Leads be repaired @ Plug End?

My focus with Slick is the Plug End.

A weak spot is the Ferrule with the hex that is common to break.

This can readily be repaired ( with patience ) on installed Harnesses however.

Latest posts