• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New 2 Bladed Prop for an Arrow? Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsengle

Reaction score
I have an Arrow IV (pa28rt201) non turbo. I'm NOT that concerned about ground clearance, takeoff distance or climb performance. I want lowest weight and max cruise speed. This would lead me to think sticking with a 2 blade is the way to go. 3 bladed props I'm told may lose me a knot or 2 of cruise, and will add weight, maybe 20lbs, all up on the nose (w/b concerns too). My prop is up for overhaul and I have a bad feeling may be $$$ to overhaul, and I may take this opportunity to get a new prop. Do folks have suggestions on the best prop upgrade, 2 bladed, for a normally aspirated arrow? I was looking at the Hartzell 2 bladed Scimitar propeller - HC-C2YR-1BFP/F7497. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back