• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Needing advice- power pack/LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradjc

Reaction score
Hey all, couple questions as I'm a newish 79 warrior owner. Strobes stopped working late this fall, though it appears only when it started getting cooler here in Iowa. They have worked on some of our 50 and 60 degree days, but don't seem to at night or on the colder days we've had. First question, am I correct in thinking power pack is the issue? I have had an A&P unplug and clean with some contact cleaner to no clear success. Second, my unit is the HDACF unit. What is the difference in the ACF vs the HDHCF power supply? Could i install the HCF if i found a newer used one? Lastly, if i were to go to LED at this point, my understanding is that I don't need a power supply. What would I need to go that route? Thanks for help!!

Latest posts

Back