• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Need STC documentation ... who can I call ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamikaze

Reaction score
I have an STC for a composite front spinner bulkhead. It refers a particular document (install instructions) that may or may not have been provided (the instructions are included, but the document number doesn't show on them. Instead I got the continued airworthiness document, which is a different name and the instructions are on the back).

I've emailed the retailer AND the STC holder, but so far no luck, I'll try by phone too. I wonder whether the document I have superseded what's on the STC ? OR whether I need to track down that original document mentionned on the STC (explicitely marked as such).

Being Canadian, I'm not familiar with how the FAA works ... could I try calling the appropriate FAA office and see if they have a copy ? I know they keep the STC's themsevles, but what about the related things ? They're also related to the STC, and approved by the FAA, so I'd think they'd have those ... will they fax me a copy or something ?

I just wanna have an idea what to expect before I start making phone calls.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back