• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Need some guidance on Century iiib AP with Aspen PFD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mocha2168

Reaction score
Group,

I'm hoping someone has some guidance on this issue. I recently got my Archer II back from the avionics shop for a GTX-345 upgrade with FS-210. Flying back from the shop my Century iii AP could not seem to hold the track back to my home base with GPSS. It was a direct routing and the AP seemed to 'focus' on another heading. Things even got worse when I tried to shoot the approach into my airport. I took the plane out the following day to try and trouble shoot the issue. Some details. The Century iii is set on HDG and the toggle is on Nav 1. The Garmin 430 is tied to the Aspen with AutoCRS turned on. I then turned off GPSS and used the heading bug on the Aspen and still seemed to have the same issue. Any thoughts or ideas to further trouble shoot?

I appreciate any insight.

best

Leo

Attachments

• 20190203_171413789_iOS.jpg
    20190203_171413789_iOS.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20190203_171419455_iOS.jpg
    20190203_171419455_iOS.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Back