• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Need new prop - overhauled or new?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

My PA-28-161 is in the shop for annual. The mechanic has indicated that the current prop can't be overhauled and I need to look at buying an overhauled or a new one. On the same token, he mentioned that the round plates (fiberglass?) in front and behind are not great and that I should consider buying new aluminum plates from Piper are better.

I do not have any experience with prop replacements, so curious to hear if anyone else have been there done that and have any advice.

Thanks in advance
Martin

Note: the picture of the "plates" in front and behind of the propeller is from my plane, but with an overhauled prop the mechanic put on temporarily.

Attachments

• IMG_2016.jpeg
    IMG_2016.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1983.jpeg
    IMG_1983.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Back