• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Need Help - Removing Overhead Vent Knob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am really struggling on getting the black plastic vent knob off of the overhead vent cable pull. Trying to remove the plastics and that knob just will not budge. Cannot see any sort of set screw and thought it was threaded on there? Any helpful input? I got the toilet bowl with the lights and speaker done and that was a battle in and off itself.

Also while I am asking anyone know of a source for the smaller vents that go in the overhead console? Plane Plastics and Knots2You have what I believe are the bigger ones, they don't give dimensions but list applications for PA28-181 after 1976. I have a '76. Wag Aero also has them and those measure 4½" long, I need one closer to 2½" but haven't measured to be exact. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back