• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Need a spinner for a Twinkie

6t6

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Non CR. Mine has too many cracks they say. Any help Greatly appciated. I've proced speed spinners but way overpriced.

Seneca4Jim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last time I had to replace a Twinkie's spinner with a crack, it was trying to tell me something. My prop hub was bad, and the main bearing had shattered. It was about to chuck a blade. Glad to catch it in time.

To answer your question, have you tried WebcoAviation.com? They always seemed to have the parts I needed....

6t6

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last time I had to replace a Twinkie's spinner with a crack, it was trying to tell me something. My prop hub was bad, and the main bearing had shattered. It was about to chuck a blade. Glad to catch it in time.

To answer your question, have you tried WebcoAviation.com? They always seemed to have the parts I needed....

Yes I have talked to Webco. They directed me to a couple of places. Hope it's justt the spinner. Thanks for reply

patbarry

Twin Comanche owner, IA
Reaction score
Non CR. Mine has too many cracks they say. Any help Greatly appciated. I've proced speed spinners but way overpriced.
How much did you want to pay?

Strutwipe

Strutwipe
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how "too many" cracks can't be welded. All they are doing is fusing and annealing metal. I sent StrutWipe Tommy's cracked spinner to K&K precision welding, about $250. Turn around time was about three days. Give them a call, at least that's free.

Reactions: 6t6

6t6

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how "too many" cracks can't be welded. All they are doing is fusing and annealing metal. I sent StrutWipe Tommy's cracked spinner to K&K precision welding, about $250. Turn around time was about three days. Give them a call, at least that's free.
I have one patch and now this new crack which was stop drilled and worked for a 100 hrs or so until the crack went north of the stop drill. So I like the advice you given about welding and will give that a try.

philiplane

A&P, IA, CFI, CFII, MEI,
Reaction score
Once you get a new spinner, you'll want to install it so it won't crack again. They crack due to improper spacing from the front nut to the aft screw holes, which is adjusted by shims. Once that is correct, you install the aft screws with nylon washers. Tighten the forward nut first, then start tightening the screws in the center of each group first. Work your way outward on each group. Tightening from one end to the other, or from the blade openings to the center will load the spinner and it will crack.

Em1

Reaction score
What the heck is a Twinkie? (And no smart a.. replies with something about Hostess). I have an Arrow Spinner and Bulkhead for a three blade available.

Latest posts