• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Navajo/Cheiftain CHT Probe Location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bend58

Reaction score
Hi All,

As I work in an engine shop we don't have the specific manuals for all aircraft rather just the engine related data, so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the correct cylinder location is for the CHT Bayonet/Probe on the TIO-540-A2C and TIO-540-J2BD? is it the same on the LTIO also? plus where is this information found? as previous experience on the Cessna 210 series is a nightmare as some of it is listed in the maintenance manual then some in the IPC then finally where most are found is the Type Certificate Data Sheet and on the 210's they have changed them all over the place from year to year even in the same year! then serial number range, then its different if its turbo-charged without aircon then different again if turbo-charged with aircon, so I really would like to be sure plus have the orgin reference. Many thanks in advance.

Regards Ben.

Latest posts

Back