• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Mystery Air Inlet Cherokee 235

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix86

Roger That
Reaction score
My '64 Cherokee 235 has an air inlet on the right side forward of the door hinges. The backside is connected to a 3/4" scat hose that is unattached at the other end. I cannot find anything in the Piper service manual that identifies this air source. For many years I placed the end of the hose above the radio rack to help with cooling. After some reconsideration, since the air inlet is always open and subject to moisture, I'm thinking that the hose should either be capped, put where it belongs, or possibly point it at my avionics fan inlet.

Does anyone here know what the purpose was for this right side air inlet?

Attachments

• IMG_6490.JPG
    IMG_6490.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6495.JPG
    IMG_6495.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back