• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Mysteriously sticking manifold pressure gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjander

Reaction score
Greetings:

I have an Apache PA-23/150 with a strange problem. After 30-50 hours of operation, the manifold pressure gauge starts sticking. At first I thought it was just an old gauge, but now I'm on the third one, and see this is a pattern. There does appear to be liquid that works it's way into the gauge, although I can't figure out how it would get there.

I blew out the line each time. The line does loop up and then down to form a "trap" which I presume keeps any liquid in the manifold itself.

As anyone ever seen anything like this? If so, what was the remedy?

Thanks,

_Paul

Paul J. Anderson
Lake Elmo, MN
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back